Monday, April 18, 2016

Workin' It

First off- this is my first post since becoming a mom of 2 boys!

Yeah- they're adorable.  It's ok for you to say it, too. :)  I'm absolutely thrilled with my two sweeties!!!

Now that there's two of them, the need for a path to becoming a SAHM is even greater.  So- with my Cricut, I've been exploring lots of items to create.  At this point, I am creating vinyl decals for various pieces as well as etched glass items, paper banners, and, of course, HTV added to clothing items.  Here are a few of my creations!  
              




That being said, I've just ordered some freezer paper in order to try some new items.  According to my research (to be read in your very best Phoebe from Magic School Bus voice), stenciling with freezer paper is pretty easy and great to allow your kids to be involved with some creations.  This tutorial provided me with more information than most I saw.  

My first question was what sort of freezer paper should I use--- and the answer made me feel pretty stupid.  It's just plain ol' kitchen freezer paper.  Nothing special.  Like- buy it at the grocery store kind. lol!!  

I watched a couple of YouTube videos on how to use everything and I ordered this type of paint to use. 

Wish me luck as I get started on new ideas!

No comments:

Post a Comment