Tuesday, November 25, 2014

To Turkey or NOT To Turkey?!

Ok so my husband and I have struggled with weight our entire lives.  We've chosen to try to do 99% organic and fresh foods for J as much as possible.  Yes- he ate a real cupcake for his bday. :) People always give us a hard time about it and we just nod and smile and say, "Yeah. We're weird about his food.  We're pretty easy-going about everything else, so we get to be neurotic about this."

The problem comes at big family dinners.  Everyone wants him to get all the "yummy" foods, but I try to explain that he thinks broccoli is yummy...kale cookies are yummy...organic dairy is yummy... J doesn't know anything different so it's yummy to him.

I don't want to stick to my guns just to be ornery, but I haven't decided what to do about Thanksgiving because he actually can eat the foods this year whereas last year he was all on breast milk (pretty natural, I'd say).  :D  Maybe just give a little along with his organic goodies?  Let him have 2 Thanksgiving meals, two partially regular/partially gobble gobble food, nothing and stick to regular food... help!

What do y'all think?


PS- here are a few places I've found some help when thinking about baby/toddler things! Enjoy!

http://lazygreenmama.weebly.com/  I liked her as soon as I read her blog's title.  <3

http://www.easygreenmom.com/  Who doesn't love finding easy was to be green?

http://theantijunecleaver.com/ Again- anytime I can find someone who admits they're not the "it" mama, I'm in love!

No comments:

Post a Comment