Sunday, December 14, 2014

'Tis the Season to Eat

We had a Christmas party last night and we were all supposed to bring an appetizer.  Well- when I asked what everyone planned to bring, I found that most of my stand by recipes were already being made by friends.

So- where to turn?  The mothership of all ideas... Pinterest.

These were pretty yummy!  However, I think the Sangria part was overstated.  None of us liked it.  I wish I'd used Barefoot or something sweeter.  I also think poking holes in the grapes with toothpicks would have worked better.  All in all, though, they were super easy and people really liked them.  :)  The full recipe can be found on a link on this girl's page.  I like her post best because she calls them Snozzberries and who doesn't like that?!

The other bit of yummy I want to share is a pretty healthy recipe I found (also from Pinterest... of course).  It's a quinoa Mexican dish.  It was pretty yummy!  We forgot the lime and cilantro and I liked it fine--- for his second helping, hubby added it and I didn't care for it.
Anyway, for a healthy recipe, I'd give it a 9.5.  For a recipe of any kind, I'd give it a 7.5.  (Be honest... a piece of bacon gets a 10 on the regular scale... a quinoa dish isn't gonna rank as high if bacon is in the same competition...)  It was very flavorful and even baby J liked it!  It was a smidge spicy for him though so we let him out of eating the whole helping.  I'll probably cut the jalapeno amount in half for next time.  Still- hubby and I agree it was very filling and tasty for a healthy dish.  We plan to have it once every couple of weeks. :)  **Had to come back and add the link because I forgot... here ya go! :)
DON'T skip on adding avocado to the top.  TOTALLY makes the dish!

No comments:

Post a Comment