Thursday, January 8, 2015

So far, so good!

Yay! This week has been mostly healthy!  WOOT WOOT!

Last night, we tried another new recipe, meeting another goal of trying new recipes each week.  This time it was quinoa chicken parm.

This is the recipe we used and we followed it to a t.

Let me tell you- those people know their stuff.  It was yumm-o.

Next time, I'll probably try to make a marinara of my own so that the spices are more to my liking.

Note- the quinoa does NOT make a crunchy crust like you're used to with chicken parm.  We couldn't really dredge it through the quinoa, so it was more like a bed and blanket around the chicken.  It was still quite delish, though, and I don't think we'll do anything different next time as far as that's concerned.

I only ate half a chicken breast... yay lunch for today! :)  We served it with broccoli, too, instead of putting it over noodles or anything that would take away from the nutritional value.

Here's the half of mine that was leftover.  (I think there needed to be less sauce, but that was hubby measuring in a hurry.)  Even he didn't finish his because it was so filling! ;)
Happy cooking and be sure to let me know how you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment